Introducing ASCP Authors
ASCP has an impressive group of members in which many have published books and other educational material. We have provided a dedicated space for ASCP members to showcase their work and share a link to where the work can be purchased. If you are interested in sharing your work with the ASCP community, please contact the ASCP Executive Office at email@example.com.
HEAL YOUR DEPRESSION AND REGAIN YOUR LIFE—WITH THREE NEW TOOLS ON THE CUTTING EDGE OF TREATMENT
Everyone feels depressed sometimes. But a sustained lack of energy, a pro-found inability to enjoy life, or an overwhelming sadness that can render unbearable pain may be symptoms of something more. If you suffer from any of these symptoms, you may be one of 300 million people worldwide who have depression. While we often think of pharmaceutical treatments as the best way to treat depression, the truth is that for many people they either don’t work or lose their efficacy after a time. But there is hope in the form of three groundbreaking therapies: ketamine, transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS), and electroconvulsive therapy (ECT). In Brain Reboot, you’ll learn:
- How to get an accurate diagnosis
- How to determine what treatment(s) are best for you
- The efficacy of ketamine, TMS, and ECT
- A clear summary of benefits and potential side effects
- Step-by-step information for each treatment and FAQs
- Tips for supplementing your recovery with exercise, nutrition, and sleep
- Treatments on the horizon
Dr. Michael Henry’s life mission is to help anyone suffering with treatment-resistant depression; in Brain Reboot he provides everything you need to know about using ketamine, TMS, and ECT to regain your self and your life.
In Demystifying The Alzheimer’s Maze, Dr. Charles Wilcox addresses the hopes, fears, and uncertainties that almost everyone harbors as we age: “I want to remain as independent as possible for as long as possible...” and “I don’t want to be a burden to others...”
Drawing on his more than four decades as a research scientist, Dr. Wilcox assesses current knowledge and trends in Alzheimer’s diagnosis, treatment, and prevention, and gives you data-driven insights:
- Take control of your modifiable risk factors;
- Discuss medically-driven options with your physician;
- Learn about innovative “Research Pioneers” who transcend conventional thinking;
- Understand the promise of revolutionary leading-edge biomarkers;
- Get down-to-earth explanations of lifestyle opportunities to optimize your brain’s health;
- Get an informed look at current drug and medical device development;
- Understand the promising convergence of Baby Boomers, diversity-equity-inclusion, and more than a hundred new chemical entities in the research pipeline;
- See realistic evidence that we have arrived at a potentially pivotal point in the treatment, delay, and prevention of AD.
100% of all net proceeds are being donated to The Alzheimer’s Association.